- Can reach a speed of 1 row per minute
- Perfect alignement of bundles
- Also available : a double action high
- Adapts to pieces of wood
- Variable speed motorization
- From 2'' to 12'' in width
HIGH-SPEED, TROUBLE-FREE OPERATION
- The Carbotech drag chain sorting system can handle up to 200 pieces/minute and features trouble-free operation.
- Deflectors are precision pneumatically driven.
- Smooth surface of laser-cut deflectors will not damage wood.
- Carriages raise close to the top of the bins to prevent damage associated with falling material and reduces noise level.
- Carriages descend very low near the transfer outlet and arms ensure smooth progressive unloading of the wood.
- Pneumatic chain adjusters maintain a uniform tension on the chains.
- Lug type chains gently slide over durable UHMW tracks.
- Components in contact with pieces of fragile species of wood can be lined with UHMW material.
- A photoelectric cell system constantly monitors the level of material in each bin and progressively lowers the carriages 6 inches at a time.
- The hydraulic pump system, exclusive to the sorting system, has a tank with a sufficient volume to ensure the uninterrupted operation of lifting cylinders.
- The bin lifting system, which is controlled by hydraulic cylinders connected to ultra-strong cables, ensures efficient operation year after year.
- A direct link to the trimmer optimizer calculates the number of pieces in each bin and redistributes the surplus pieces to other bins.
- A direct link to the trimmer optimiser distributes the pieces of wood into the bins.
with dual cables
close to the top
AT CARBOTECH, SAFETY IS OF PRIME IMPORTANCE
- As a safety measure, the carriage can only be raised following the operator's intervention.
- A warning light on the control panel indicates that a bin is full.
- The operator controls the unloading of bins.
- A safety catch locks the bin during sorter downtime or maintenance.
CARBOTECH BUILDS THE SYSTEM ACCORDING TO YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS
- Carbotech masters drag chain feed technology that ensures trouble-free operation at speeds of up to 200 pieces/minute.
- The width of each sorting bin can vary between 28” and 48” c/c, according to the dimensions of the pieces and the available clearance for the installation of the sorting system.
- Carbotech sorters can handle pieces of material 4 to 20 feet long and up to 12 inches wide.
- Carbotech double bins are equipped with twin deflectors ensuring alternating distribution on each side of the bin.
- Carbotech’s engineering department will design the sorting system according to the variety of pieces that must be sorted, the location of existing equipment and the buildings considered for the system’s installation.
|Smooth unloading of bins
CARBOTECH LOW-MAINTENANCE SORTERS ARE BUILT TO LAST
- Each sorter component adds to the unit’s overall strength:
- The load-bearing structure consists of 6” x 6”, 1/4” – thick tubular steel beams.- Sturdy 6” x 10”, 5/16” – thick carriage support beam.
- 8” H beam bin walls.
- Welding carried out by experienced specialized technicians.
- Carbotech also designs sorters for high-density species.
- Deflectors are lubricated in groups of ten and each group is connected to a central distribution system for easy maintenance.
|Length of wood pieces :
||From 4' to 20'.
|Width of bins (c/c) :
||From 28'' to 48'' according to the dimensions of the packages at the outfeed.
|Height of bins :
||According to the dimension of the packages and ceiling clearance.
|Number of bins :
||According to your needs
Having designed sorting systems of 4 to more than 100 bins for a wide range of applications and environments, you can rely on Carbotech to design the perfect sorter for your sawing and/or planing line.
The efficiency of each of these systems strengthens Carbotech’s reputation.